Christian Sports Code
As a player, coach, cheerleader, or fan: I will…
- Remember that sports, and the ability to participate in them, like everything else in life, are gifts from God.
- Play hard, but fairly, according to the rules of the game.
- Consider opponents and officials as friends and neighbors, and treat them with due courtesy and respect.
- Applaud teammates and opponents who make good plays or demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Accept the decisions of officials respectfully, recognizing that they have a difficult job and are doing their best to uphold the rules fairly.
- Win without boasting and lose without excuse or complaint.
- Never hiss or boo players or officials.
- Never use profanity, racist or sexist comments, or other intimidating actions.
- Do unto others, as I would have them do unto me.
- Seek to glorify a gracious God rather than be glorified.
- Thank and praise God for the gifts of health, talent, and the opportunity to take part in a sport.
- Celebrate every opportunity to participate in sports as a chance to learn and to grow in Christian maturity.